[Vision2020] Vision2020 Digest, Vol 23, Issue 5

donald edwards donaledwards at hotmail.com
Fri May 2 09:44:11 PDT 2008

Keely, you obviously do have a deep understanding of the bible but I don't think your target is Ralph.  I took Ralph's note to be his way of expressing, maybe sarcastically in the second half, how the men in control of groups like the latest FLDS justify their actions and moral disrepect of their families in their minds.  Like, how they think.  I don't see anywhere where he is supporting their actions nor blaming it on religion itself but maybe the crazy interpretations of a book so fraught with symbolic meaning that opens the door to anyone seeing whatever they are looking for in it, then convincing others to live their lives by their new interpretation.  The moral is to think for yourselves lest you become feed for David Koresh or the next power trippin' honky.

Side note, I saw a show recently on the History Channel called "Banned from the Bible" which talks of approx. 13 omitted gospels that were censored from the bible or chosen not to be included.  Some even in just the last 6-800 years.  One of those had another telling of the creation of man and woman where both were created at the same time and independantly.  I can't remember how, but the woman either wished to be or was forced to leave the Earth so then God created Eve from the rib of Adam.

I'm sure I'm wrong about the details here but maybe someone on the list has a better knowledge of the censored gospels that have been uncovered in the last few years that would have been considered a threat to the "Man Rules" ideology of the framers of modern religion?

Don