[Vision2020] Uninsured adults 25 percent more likely to die

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 29 20:24:25 PDT 2008

Tom,

  That is for enlisted. Which I won't qualify for because I cannot get a medical waiver. There are some commissioned positions I do qualify for. But, for me to be commissioned, I must have had prior service before age 34. By the time I got through basic training and Officer Training, I will have reached my 34th year. Sgt. Oswalt is not as much of an idiot as you make him out to be.

  Best Regards,

  Donovan

Tom Hansen <thansen at moscow.com> wrote:
  I suggest that you contact Sergeant Oswalt and quote Paragraph 2-3 (Age
Requirement for Enlistment), Army regulation 601-210 (Active and Reserve
Components Enlistment Program) to him, where it states:

"2–3. Age
a. Applicant is eligible for enlistment if applicant is not less than 18
years of age and has not reached his or her 42nd birthday, or is not less
than 17 years of age and has not reached their 18th birthday and the DD
Form 1966 parental/guardian consent for enlistment has been completed. All
NPS Regular Army and RC applicants must enlist and ship prior to their
42nd birthday and be eligible for regular or non-regular retirement by age
62."

It says NOTHING about prior service. In fact, Chapter 2, AR 601-210,
deals strictly with "Enlistment in the Regular Army, Army Reserve, or Army
National Guard for Nonprior Service Applicants".

I have attached AR 601-210 to this email for your browsing and reading
pleasure.

As far as becoming a commissioned officer without prior service (either
enlisted or commissioned), the Army ROTC program here at UI is full of
them.

If you truly are interested in enlisting, here is a starting point:

http://www.goarmy.com

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

> Tom,
>
> First, it is disgusting that any Hospital would charge $45,000 for
something. Obviously,
nobody can afford that, and no Doctor is worth that for a procedure.

> Second, many places turn down Tri-Care. And it doesn't cover
everything.

> Third, I have tried to get commissioned, I did not qualify because I
do not have
previously enlistment. I missed it by about 3 months. The extension in age
is only for
officers that have previous service. I had a long conversation about this
with Sgt. Oswalt
who the recruiting expert for Idaho. He is stationed in Boise, If you
doubt me, look him
up.

> Finally, the recruiting station is not in the Mall anymore, they were
kicked out by the
PEM management.

> [...]
> Insurance - 03/26/08,
> Workers Independent News
> >
> > A first-ever report breaks down the death rate of the uninsured state-
by-
> state, and finds
> that the uninsured are more likely to die sooner than the insured. Jesse
> Russell reports:
> >
> > Families USA has finished the first-ever study breaking down state by
> state how many die
> every year due to a lack of health insurance. So far the organization
has
> completed
> studies in 13 of the 50 states, and on Tuesday held a conference call
> regarding the
> results in Wisconsin. According to Families USA, 10.7 percent of those
> between the ages of
> 25 and 64 living in Wisconsin are uninsured and they estimate that
> approximately 250
> Wisconsinites died in 2006 due to being uninsured. Dr. Barbara Horner-
> Ibler, medical
> director at the Bread of Healing Clinic in Milwaukee said that it
isn’t
> just a problem
> of the uninsured, but also of insurance holders with deductibles that
are
> too high:
> >
> > [Horner-Ibler]: "We also have the issue now of not just the uninsured,
> but patients who
> have high deductible plans who are delaying care because they do not
have
> access and the
> access that they do have is much too expensive for them to be able to
> afford on their
> budget."
> >
> > According to the study, which covered 30 years of statistics,
uninsured
> adults are more
> than three times as likely to delay seeking medical care and are 25
> percent more likely to
> die prematurely than adults with health insurance.

> > List services made available by First Step Internet,
> > http://www.fsr.net
> > mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com
> >

> > ---------------------------------
> > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try
> it now.
> >
> > ---------------------------------
> > How well do you know your celebrity gossip? Talk celebrity smackdowns
> here.
> > List services made available by First Step Internet,
> > http://www.fsr.net
> > mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com

> > No Cost - Get a month of Blockbuster Total Access now. Sweet deal for
> Yahoo! users and
> friends.
>

> "People who ridicule others while hiding behind anonymous monikers in
chat-
> room forums are neither brave nor clever."
>
> - Latah County Sheriff Wayne Rausch (August 21,

Total Access, No
Cost.