[Vision2020] [vision2020] Recall the City council

g. crabtree jampot at roadrunner.com
Wed Mar 26 06:55:07 PDT 2008

What makes you think that this property is tax exempt? Mike Hoffman is a business man renting a building on a short term basis to a local church according to the article I read in the Daily News. I don't see how you come to the conclusion that no tax is being paid. Perhaps you would like to share your source for this claim?

The absurd notion that as soon as a property drops from the tax register the short fall is immediately made up by the neighbors is laughable. Property tax increases in Idaho are controlled by statute. Increases and decreases in exempt property has little bearing on the ultimate rate. Increases are shared by ALL property owners. There is no special rate that is paid by CBD "proprietors."

As to what we should and should not get used to, I'm sure that anyone who's read the V for any amount of time at all is well aware of your prematurely and more often then not, incorrectly, overheated jets. We are, to be sure, used to it.