[Vision2020] Recall the city council

g. crabtree jampot at roadrunner.com
Sun Mar 23 12:25:25 PDT 2008

"By providing water and sewer service across the state line, Moscow taxpayers may now subsidize the construction of Wal-Mart."

I know the tactic is to repeat the lie so often it becomes accepted fact but, Moscow is, in fact, subsidizing nothing. Hawkins will be paying its own way at full market rate. Using your "subsidy" rational the U of I is subsidizing the education of Washington's students by allowing them access to our classrooms and instructors at out of state rates.

"This is an ultimate irony since both communities have  waged campaigns against the building of a Super Center in their  communities."

Classic case of being careful what you wish for along with the law of unintended consequences. Irony indeed!

"...in Moscow's case, we are dealing a vast economic blow  to our community."

How curious, when it was about preventing a Super Wal-Mart at Mtn. View and the Troy Rd. the anti argument was how Wal-Mart didn't really bring much revenue to the community and that since there would be one in Pullman, Moscow would have no need for such a business. This strikes me as a perfect example of talking out of both sides of ones mouth.

The rest of your post seems to consist of innuendo, idle speculation, and unsubstantiated accusations but I do agree that we should do something. Might I suggest giving the repetitive falsehoods specious outrage a rest? I, personally with be thanking our current council for their diligent efforts in making Moscow something other then a shriveling suburb of Pullman.