[Vision2020] How About It, Gang?

Warren Hayman whayman at roadrunner.com
Tue Mar 18 17:42:23 PDT 2008

Hello Ted, and everyone else,

Thanks for the inference of my status as a hack writer at best. With this I agree. And thanks as well, sort of, for the broadcasting of my position-- something I don't make public very often for various reasons. But you're right. I teach literature from Gilgamesh to yesterday, and all forms of writing except fiction.

Eek! I even publish poetry and nonfiction, and have served as editor within the Virginia Dept of Education (vocational curriculum writing and editing, and co-wrote legislation for the Core Standards and Measures of Performance of Va voc ed). I was also the last editor of the Northwest Journal, formerly the Palouse Journal here in Moscow. I would bet I'm the only person around, including Ivar Nelson, who owns and wears a PJ t-shirt.

I am not comfortable discussing what I do or have done, if only because I wish no disservice to any affiliations I have. But here it be. Also a reason I don't contribute to V2020 very much at all, either. Misinterpretation, etc.

Lastly, I don't know how you could have left Dan Orozco's name off your list-- he is a superb UI English Dept fiction writer .

Warren Hayman