[Vision2020] How About It, Gang?

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 13:00:15 PDT 2008

All-

What I find astonishing is that no one from the U of I English Dept.,
featuring some of the most skilled writers in our area, is on this contact
list regarding the open Daily News columnist offer.  Many in that department
can write circles around most everyone on that list, no offence meant.
After all, good writing, as an end in itself, is what they do!  And many of
them are not exactly of the religious or political orientation of Iverson,
to put it politely.  They could pen Daily News columns that would stun!
What about Robert Wrigley, Kim Barnes, Mary Clearman Blew, Ronald McFarland,
Joy Passanante, all well published and beautiful writers?

Just a few days ago I was discussing with someone how few academics from the
U of I or WSU contribute to Vision2020, or in the local press.

Warren Hayman is the only member of the U of I English Dept., that I recall,
who contributes to Vision2020.

Ted Moffett