[Vision2020] Info Regarding Political Signs

Dan Carscallen areaman at moscow.com
Fri Jul 18 17:01:56 PDT 2008

Yes, I'm reading this.  While the ordinance is on the books, I'm sure it
was created due to some nuisance in the past.  This is probably also one
of those ordinance violations that is complaint driven.  I don't think
the city staff is patrolling neighborhoods trying to find all the
campaign signs they can to remove before the 60 day "allowance".  If
that was the case the "Obama" sign I've seen on Blaine Street since
early this spring would have been removed.  Someone must have be having
a feud with their neighbor and decided to get the city involved because
of a code violation.

I would like to go back and see when this ordinance was put into effect.
The history of it would be interesting.  I would encourage those
interested parties to use the mayor's comment period Monday night to
bring this to light.

Thanks

DC