[Vision2020] Info Regarding Political Signs

Sue Hovey suehovey at moscow.com
Fri Jul 18 11:49:22 PDT 2008

I understand there have to be some limits to the size of a sign and placement restrictions, and I believe court decisions have indicated those restrictions to be legal, but help me understand why there are ANY limits to the number of days during which a sign may be displayed.  I think this prohibition needs to be reconsidered.

Dan Carscallen, are you reading this?  If so, I think someone on the council needs to take a look for surely it is a violation of a person's First Amendment rights to set a time line on freedom of speech.

Are there others out there who might be willing to work to get this timeline prohibition changed?  I am planning to post a yard sign which reads, "Support our Troops--Vote Democrat."  I suppose that means I can't legally place it in my yard until early September.

Sue Hovey