[Vision2020] [Bulk] Puzzled

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 26 14:40:39 PST 2008

I'm often guilty of this.  I don't always know when a reply is expected
or even wanted.  I don't really look at it as a "conversation".  I fully
expect others to chime in where they like, because every post here is
public.  So I guess I don't always see it as dropping the thread of
conversation, but waiting for the next person to pick it up.

I also admit that I have a hard time making the gracious "well, that's a
good point and I don't really have a coherent response to it" post.
Other times, I just stop responding because the other person and I are
either talking past each other, or are not likely to change our minds.
Other times, I simply see something else shiny and move on to that.

Also, real life sometimes intervenes.  I have been between computers for
a week, since my last one died.  I'm now in the process of getting
everything setup the way I like it.  I just installed Thunderbird this
morning, so now it's easier to participate.  Reading mail on a Pentium
III using Yahoo's classic mail web client through Konqueror is frustrating.

Anyway, if I have dropped any of our conversations, I apologize for
being rude.  We haven't had that many conversations directly, but if
there's something you'd like to pick up again, send me an email asking
for a reply.

Paul