[Vision2020] Puzzled

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 13:29:45 PST 2008

I'm a bit puzzled about something.  I've made numerous friends on
Vision2020.  I've acquired a few close acquaintances.  Less
frequently, I've encountered people I detest.

This message is directed at anyone in one of those categories with
whom I have engaged in online conversation.   Well, perhaps it isn't
directed at the last category, but for the others, why is it that our
dialogue so often ends in uncivil abruptness?  Conversation is like
ping-pong, whether online or in real life.  The difference is, in real
life, one does not usually get up and silently leave the table,
without a word of apology or explanation.   Why is this apparently
considered acceptable online?