[Vision2020] Moscow's New Noise Ordinance

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 23 09:05:02 PST 2008

Kai,

I don't know if this is a First Amendment issue or not, but the primary problem is that it appears one can be cited without the complaint of a neighbor, instead giving the officer the ability by him/herself to determine whether the noise is too loud, without any clear standard.  That means the standard will vary according to the officer's whims.

Sunil