[Vision2020] Road conditions

Tom Hansen idahotom at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 2 06:06:52 PST 2008

You've got a point there, Mr. Clabough.

Usually Taylor Avenue, going west from I-95, is fairly well maintained, I am guessing pretty much because of the hill at the junction of Taylor and Lauder.  That region of Taylor wasn't even addressed until later Monday morning, and then just with a light layer of gravel.

Yesterday morning, around 7:00, as I was driving north on Washington I noticed that the intersections of Sweet, Sixth, and Third Streets along I-95 were extremely slick.  If the city can't  gravel these well-traveled intersections, they should at least run a Zamboni machine over them.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

From: shawnc at outtrack.comTo: vision2020 at moscow.comDate: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 20:09:28 -0800Subject: [Vision2020] Road conditions

<rant on> Is it just me or do the roads seem less plowed, less de-iced and less sanded than usual for the conditions we've had recently?  I find too many intersections a dangerous sheet of ice right now and wonder why.  One observation is that when this accumulation started, it seemed like it was a day late before I saw any plows and by then the snow had compacted on the roads and the plows only removed the loose stuff and left an ice sheet behind.  I don't think it's been too cold (except maybe one night) for deicer to work, so where have the plows, sand and deicer been? </rant off>

Shawn Clabough