[Vision2020] Road conditions

shawnc at outtrack.com shawnc at outtrack.com
Tue Jan 1 20:09:28 PST 2008

<rant on> Is it just me or do the roads seem less plowed, less de-iced and less sanded than usual for the conditions we've had recently?  I find too many intersections a dangerous sheet of ice right now and wonder why.  One observation is that when this accumulation started, it seemed like it was a day late before I saw any plows and by then the snow had compacted on the roads and the plows only removed the loose stuff and left an ice sheet behind.  I don't think it's been too cold (except maybe one night) for deicer to work, so where have the plows, sand and deicer been? </rant off>

Shawn Clabough