[Vision2020] Otter Has Plan to Raise Millions for Roads

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 28 21:11:29 PST 2008

Kit,

  Do you think that charging people more for gas is something that most Idahoans can afford? I cannot, that is for sure. I am having to change jobs because I cannot afford the trip anymore. I make about $7 an hour some days because of my gas bill driving.

  The problem with the studded tires taxation is that many people will not be able to afford the tires and will go without. This will increase the amount of accidents and deaths on the roads, ultimately costing Idaho taxpayers and those with medical and vehicle insurance more than what you would save charging more for studded tires. Instead of fining people that try to make are roads more safe, why not make those that make our roads less safe pay more? Say, increase fines for other motor violations, like speeding, drinking and driving, and aggressive driving?

  Best Regards,

  Donovan

Craine Kit <kcraine at verizon.net> wrote:
  I agree with the Governor that we need to raise money to fix the
roads. However, I think it should be done by charging for potential
damage. That would be a combination of charging licence fees based on
the weight of the vehicle, a surcharge on the purchase of studded
tires, and a small increase in the gas tax.

Kit Craine

List services made available by First Step Internet,
mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com