[Vision2020] Question: Hawkins Water Deal, Domestic Partnership Benefits

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 12:49:12 PST 2008

Tom et. al.

Thanks for the legal information impacting Moscow's water deal with out of
state private developer Hawkins.  Legal language can easily be
misinterpreted by a layman, but my reading leads me to think there may be
legal problems with Moscow selling water to out of state Hawkins... I wonder
if the legal eagles on Vision2020 might enlighten us ordinary mortals are to
the correct interpretation of the Idaho water law involved in this opinion?
It would be rather incredible for the Moscow City Council to rule against
what they have insisted was a well considered water deal with Hawkins,
claimed to be in the best interests of the city, unless under serious
pressure to do so.  However, there are plenty of crows on the Palouse to
eat...

As to the Moscow Health Insurance policy for domestic partnerships, if the U
of I caved under the legal pressure regarding Idaho's Super DOMA, to avoid a
lawsuit, I suspect the Moscow City Council may do the same.

Ted Moffett

On 2/27/08, Tom Hansen <thansen at moscow.com> wrote:

> Greetings Visionaires -
>
> I have a question that I feel must be answered . . .
>
> Which opnion, submitted by the State Attorney General's Office, will the
> city of Moscow enforce?

http://www.MoscowCares.com/SAG_Opinions.htm

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"People who ridicule others while hiding behind anonymous monikers in chat-
room forums are neither brave nor clever."

- Latah County Sheriff Wayne Rausch (August 21,
2007)