[Vision2020] Advanced Real Estate Question

david sarff davesway at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 11 09:01:12 PST 2008

There is nothing naive about that idea. Its been considered already. In a past issue we found that Idaho would have to work something out to have US 95 by-pass Moscow through Washington.  I assume that Walter Steed is fairly well educated on the matter. Dave>> > Hello, Visionaires:> > Please excuse what may seem extraordinary naïveté in asking this. Why could > not the City of Moscow, in cooperation with State of Idaho, purchase the > Hawkins site from the State of Washington, and therewith adjust the > boundary line between the two states? Yes, the closing paperwork for such a > transaction would be somewhat more extensive in that it would involve two > states, and I presume federal, approval, but aside from the extra levels of > paperwork, and the subconscious idea that "you just can't buy part of > another state", I don't understand why, with effort and cooperation, this > advanced real estate transaction could not be done to the benefit of all > parties involved.> > (As an aside, I understand that Latah County was created by an act of > Congress, so there is some precedent for them revisiting the boundary.)> > > Ken> > =======================================================> List services made available by First Step Internet, > serving the communities of the Palouse since 1994. > http://www.fsr.net > mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com> =======================================================