[Vision2020] Advanced Real Estate Question

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at verizon.net
Mon Feb 11 06:55:07 PST 2008

Hello, Visionaires:

Please excuse what may seem extraordinary naïveté in asking this. Why could
not the City of Moscow, in cooperation with State of Idaho, purchase the
Hawkins site from the State of Washington, and therewith adjust the
boundary line between the two states? Yes, the closing paperwork for such a
transaction would be somewhat more extensive in that it would involve two
states, and I presume federal, approval, but aside from the extra levels of
paperwork, and the subconscious idea that "you just can't buy part of
another state", I don't understand why, with effort and cooperation, this
advanced real estate transaction could not be done to the benefit of all
parties involved.

(As an aside, I understand that Latah County was created by an act of
Congress, so there is some precedent for them revisiting the boundary.)

Ken