[Vision2020] Advanced Real Estate Question

g. crabtree jampot at roadrunner.com
Mon Feb 11 13:40:35 PST 2008

The most glaring problem I see with this plan would have to be that the land
in question doesn't belong to the State of Washington, it belongs to
Hawkins. I can not imagine a circumstance where by they would be anxious to
sell their property other than to offer them an obscene amount of the tax
payers money. As to adjusting the Idaho/Washington boundary, under what
scenario would that be advantageous to Whitman County much less Washington
State?

What would make much more sense would be for all the folks  who do not wish
to see this piece of property to be developed to pool their resources and
acquire the land themselves. Then it would be 100% up to them what happens
on the land. Of course I suspect that Hawkins will take the profit from the
sale and simply acquire an even larger parcel of land in or near the
corridor and the process will start anew.

Mean while the folks with the newly acquired land that they recently rescued
can relocate their homes to their new, hard won purchase. Of course
residential development will unquestionably use up a significantly greater
amount of water then the previous development ever would have...