[Vision2020] Water and Sewer Agreements: reply from Walter Steed

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Feb 10 13:06:42 PST 2008

I am somewhat familiar with the PBAC.  What I am not familiar with is its
composition and what "powers" it possesses concerning the aquifer.

As the PBAC is an advisory group, its recommendations/suggestions totally
lack any enforcement, thus almost discrediting the PBAC altogether.

What I am suggesting is a governing committee comprised of members of the
various communities making enforceable decisions based on their
community's input.  This committee could be comprised of various members
of the various city councils (this would allow recall capabilities on the
part of the communities concerned), in other words . . . accountability.

> Basin Aquifer Committee.  In fact they will be speaking at one of the
> upcoming Chamber business forums, to which the public is always invited
(see
> one of my posts last week for a list of all upcoming spring topics and
event
> dates.  As long as I'm speaking parenthetically, I'll also note that
Mayor
> Chaney is giving her annual "State of the City" address at this months
> forum, and a curious person could ask her some of these questions at the
> forum.).
>
> Note I said advisory committee, not governing.
>

> On Feb 10, 2008 12:42 PM, Tom Hansen <thansen at moscow.com> wrote:
>
> > Two Questions -
> >
> > Question #1:  Which communities does the aquifer support?  We know
that it
> > supports Moscow and Pullman.  Which others (if any)?
> >
> > Question #2:  Would it be feasible to establish some sort of aquifer
> > governing committee, comprised of members of each of those communities
> > reflected in #1, to decide (based on their respective community's
input)
> > control factors concerning the aquifer (the "power" of each
> > representative's vote based upon the population of their community)?
> >
> > Just thought I'd ask.
> >
> > Tom Hansen
> > Moscow, Idaho

"People who ridicule others while hiding behind anonymous monikers in chat-
room forums are neither brave nor clever."

- Latah County Sheriff Wayne Rausch (August 21,
2007)