[Vision2020] Political Compass

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 00:42:53 PST 2008

On Feb 4, 2008 12:29 AM, Kenneth Marcy <kmmos1 at verizon.net> wrote:

> http://www.politicalcompass.org/index

 I score as follows:

Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -9.03

However, I am bothered by some aspects of the test, and question its
objectivity.  Largely, I wish there was an "Undecided" option, and
would prefer links to some of the assertions, providing a bit of
relevant detail.

Pages 5 and 6 are unambiguous; the choices are easy.  Howwever, on
page 4, I come across this:

> A significant advantage of a one-party state is that it avoids all the arguments that delay progress in a democratic political system.

If I agree, am I arguing for a one-party state?  I don't want to live
under a one-party state (which, arguably, I do), but I might concede
that this assertion is true.

Still, fun page, I've spent many, many hours on it.

Chas