[Vision2020] Exxon Rakes in $40.6 Billion Record Profit

deb debismith at moscow.com
Sat Feb 2 20:35:07 PST 2008

Indeed. For once I agree with Pat, sort of. I come from a different basis of
belief, however. If you pay someone fifty bucks to punch you in the nose, do
you have right to complain that they fulfilled the bargain? That is exactly
what the US is doing. As long as we continue in the on the path of "I want
my oil, now!" we have no right to complain about the oil companies reaping a
profit. The oil industry does what we pay them to do; they must make a
profit to continue to supply our (and their shareholders) expectations.
Solutions? We better find them.....peak oil is about done, folks!
Debi R-S
I am making less car trips to town, making them count, buying and supporting
local, growing organic, riding a bike whenever possible.....recycle
everything!!! Downcycle if it won't recycle!!!! Think about how much YOUR
income depends on gasoline....why/ How? Can that change?