[Vision2020] Exxon Rakes in $40.6 Billion Record Profit

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 2 20:47:01 PST 2008

Pat,

  I am not against oil companies making money. I am against them making money dishonestly. How much damage do the oil companies cause to the environment?

  Most companies are not allowed to dump their waste or wage war to gain to profits.

  Remember Exxon Valdez. We the taxpayer paid for the clean up. We paid billions in taxes to clean up that mess. We paid billions out to those people that lost their jobs as oil washed away their living as fisherman, canneries, and other related businesses went under. We also are paying trillions for a war overseas so they can have access to their product. Why should we have to pay for their mess? If your local store dumps junk in the air or damages the environment, they have to pay for it, but not the oil companies? If we are going to have double standards for a business that runs a monopoly on a needed commodity, they need to pull their own weight.

  Best Regards,

  Donovan Arnold

pkraut at moscow.com wrote:
  No, I expect businesses to make money especially one that is so needed in
our current world. Question: how much did they make last year? How much
did they spend on getting the work done? Go back 30 years and how much
did they make then? How much did they have to spend to be able to
maintain business. This is so much more complicated than your predjudice
against an oil company and the politicians understand that. If we won't
make the changes to free ourselves of OPEC than it is the price we pay.

> Doesn't just make your stomach turn??
>
> Why aren't our politicians giving us lip service on this?
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Donovan Arnold

http://www.fsr.com/

List services made available by First Step Internet,