[Vision2020] Shoes thrown at President Bush

Scott Dredge scooterd408 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 17 00:24:53 PST 2008

Donovan,

You would probably need to walk in this guy's shoes to fully understand his motivations for heaving them at Bush.  If you think, he's just a nutjob, then there really isn't a rational explanation for his actions is there?  If you turn the situation around and say that hypothetically, your country was invaded and occupied by a country like China who believed that your way of life was wrong, would you just throw down your weapons, give up, and bow to their leader when he stepped on your soil to claim victory or would you pick up a rock or a shoe or whatever you could get your hands on and chuck it at him?  By the tenor of your comments, it seems that you would just comply with your occupiers and thank them for changing yor whole way of life.  I'm not saying that this shoe chucker's life is for the worse or for the better of the Iraq invasion, it's definitely different for him and he's obviously not very pleased about it.  Personally, I don't see this as an attack on the US, I see this as an Iraqi who is infuriated at Bush for causing upheaval in his country.

-Scott