[Vision2020] New spamming method?

Scott Dredge scooterd408 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 10 12:47:28 PST 2008

FWIW, I'd recommend not buying from Slingbox.  I had one that worked pretty well until last April and then the control to my TiVo (or any other tuner) became inoperable.  I looked on the Sling Community sites and it was a rampant problem.  The solution was to send back the unit if under warranty or buy a new one.  Instead I bought a Sony TV Anywhere.  It's much better and it even ports video over to my Playstation Portable.

Also, I'm not a big fan of Dish or non-TiVo DVRs.  Directv and TiVo are working together on HD DVR and when available that's when I'll switch full force over to HD.  Until then I'll limp along with my tube TVs and the one 15.6 inch HD TV (smallest I could find at Costco) that I bought just to test out the HD waters.

DIRECTV and TiVo to Launch New HD DIRECTV DVR with TiVo Service:
http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPage.jsp?assetId=P4900010

As for the spamming...it makes sense to me.  TiVo should charge advertisers a million dollars for downloading ads into the DVR  'playlist'.

-Scott