[Vision2020] Gov. Palin Foreign Policy Experience

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 19:49:01 PDT 2008

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 19:16, Jeff Harkins <jeffh at moscow.com> wrote:

> After much diatribe about Sarah Palin's lack of foreign policy
> experience, it occurred to me that many must be overlooking the fact
> that Gov. Palin is Governor of the only state separated from the
> mainland by a foreign country.

No, it occurred to all of us.  And that's why members of the Moscow,
Idaho, Secret Democratic Cabal decided that the governors of Michigan,
Maine, Minnesota, Montana, New York, Washington, North Dakota, Ohio,
Vermont, New Hampshire, Idaho, and Pennsylvania all have a grievance
with McCain, especially as each of them have been been governors of
states bordering a foreign country for far longer.

The relevance is so striking that that we are appalled that the entire
nation is not outraged by McCain's thoughtless choice.  And I'm not
mocking.  Really!

> Hmm, the ranters must have failed world geography, assume that Alaska
> and Canadian officials never talk or both.

Yeah, they must have discussed many issues of earth-shattering
importance, considering Canada's importance on a global scale, it's
huge military, and it's well-deserved reputation as a hostile nation.
Her negotiations must have been almost as scary and complex as they
would have been if Alaska bordered North Korea!  Really!

> It is also interesting to realize that Gov Palin's state is only 58
> miles across the Bering Strait from Russian territory.

Wow.  Such an insightful observation.  It is SSOOO insightful, that
some might mistake it for comedy, as they nervously titter to avoid
the gravity of of your profundity.

Are all Republicans as clever as you, or did you have to get special training?

Chas

P.S. My apologies to all Canadians.