[Vision2020] VP Nominee Joe Biden

Jeff Harkins jeffh at moscow.com
Thu Aug 28 08:01:02 PDT 2008

Your voting preferences are, of course, your business.  Further, I
think I am entitled to vote for a candidate of choice and to make
comments about any candidate.

Let me try to unravel your rant of a comment.

I am not suggesting who the Dems should put up for candidates, I am
commenting on their choice. IMHO, it is a bad choice and I would not
want him to be VP or, heaven forbid, President.

I couldn't care less about Edward's indiscretions.  I am concerned
about his lies about it.  His sexual choices are his "personal"
agenda.  His lies about it say a great deal about his suitability to
serve the nation as VP.  I hold all candidates to the same standards
- dems or repubs.

Biden had to withdraw from the 1988 race because of the plagiarism
issue (at least that is how history is explaining it).

Bill Clinton had impeachment proceedings, not because he had an
infidelity issue, but because he lied about it.

Please feel free to support candidates with such flaws.  But it is
interesting to me that rather than condemn those behaviors, you would
overlook them.

I vote, not because of a candidate's party affiliation, but rather
who I deem would bring about the best for America.  Underlying
ethical and legal character flaws are defining values for me; e.g.
lying, graft, cronyism, bribery, extortion

In July, the Rasmussen Report survey calculated that Congress (dems
and repubs) has an approval rating of 9% - apparently the lowest in
history.  How did this result occur?

Perhaps we should all reflect back on Edmund Burke's quote - The only
thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.

Vote for whomever you want.  But I am not going to vote on hope and
inspiration, rather character, achievement, proven or demonstrated
competence and trust.

Cheers.