[Vision2020] personal property tax

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at verizon.net
Wed Apr 2 14:12:47 PDT 2008

On Wednesday 02 April 2008 13:43, Shirley Ringo wrote:
> Visionaries:
>
> A conference committee agreed upon an compromise for this legislation.  I
assume both House and Senate will agree.

> 1.  The first $100,000 will be exempted.
>
> 2.    It can apply to only one business per county.  (For example, if
Bruneel Tires has more than one store in a county, the exemption can be
applied in only one of those stores.)

> 3.    It will not become effective until we realize a 5% growth from one
fiscal year to another.  When that occurs, it becomes permanent.

The phrase "in a county" in #2. above prompts me to ask whether #3. refers
to 5% growth in the whole state, with the law applying statewide, or is
this legislation intended to go into effect on a county by county basis?

Ken