[Vision2020] personal property tax

Shirley Ringo ringoshirl at moscow.com
Wed Apr 2 13:43:07 PDT 2008

Visionaries:

A conference committee agreed upon an compromise for this legislation.  I assume both House and Senate will agree.

1.  The first $100,000 will be exempted.

2.    It can apply to only one business per county.  (For example, if Bruneel Tires has more than one store in a county, the exemption can be applied in only one of those stores.)

3.    It will not become effective until we realize a 5% growth from one fiscal year to another.  When that occurs, it becomes permanent.

Shirley