[Vision2020] Kerry speech/student tasered

g. crabtree jampot at roadrunner.com
Sat Sep 22 10:32:16 PDT 2007

Mr. Kovis,
  I would say it because I believe it to be true. Had a representative of the local campus Republicans stood up and asked more than his or her  share of questions, held forth on their own opinions, monopolized others time, all the while wildly waving Ann Coulters latest book around as though it were revelation divine and refused to yield when requested, I feel sure that Mr. R would have been in favor of their being removed as well.

I said nothing about whether he would be able to defend such a person fairly and adequately, I imagine that he would. I don't know you and as a result I will withhold my judgment.

I'm not sure what your personnel preference with regard to who used to be behind you back in the day has to do with this conversation other then to express your general distain for conservatives. I suppose that many of them feel the same way about you and yours. Who cares?

As to your quaint notion that your right to speak out is greater in Mexico or Croatia, I suggest you try a similar stunt in one of those countries and see how fast you find yourself somewhere other than in front of a live microphone. The issue in this case was the appropriateness of the kids conduct not the content of his speech.

Lastly, how do you determine what it is that I should apologize for when it comes to a third party? Do you imagine that every time someone is incorrect in some way (I don't think I am, obviously) they need to make some great show of penance before the world to atone for their sin? Stupid notion. If Sunil has a major problem with what I write I feel sure he will call it to my attention the next time we meet, if not sooner. Your prompting or in the matter will not be required or given any consideration, serious or otherwise.