[Vision2020] AARP Meeting: Meet the City Council Candidates

Sue Hovey suehovey at moscow.com
Fri Sep 21 22:15:46 PDT 2007

Written Especially For the City Council Candidates:  Aaron Ament, Dan Carscallen, Wayne Krauss, Tom Lamar, Linda Pall, David Uberuaga, Evan Holmes & Walter Steed

And for others interested in attending this meeting

On October 19th, 11:30AM, at the University Inn Best Western the local chapter of AARP will be hosting a meeting with the Moscow City Council Candidates for Election November 6.  The cost of the luncheon is $7.75 and interested persons should contact Sue Hovey by October 12 should you wish to attend.

City Council Candidates, we wish we could provide your meal, but our finances don't stretch that far; however, you, too, are invited to the meal.  The discussion with you will begin at approximately noon and you are welcome to distribute literature.

The format will be as we have done in the past when we have a large number of candidates.  You will draw for speaking order and will each be alloted 2 minutes to introduce yourself and tell the audience why you are running for office and one or two of your major concerns.  I will be moderating and will limit you to that two minutes.  After everyone has spoken, we will open the discussion to questions from the audience for approximately 15 or 20 minutes.  We will conclude the meeting with a 1 minute closing statement from each of you.

Inasmuch as we hold our meetings at noon, we understand it may be impossible for some of you to attend.  We do understand that and will not prejudge you based on non-attendance.  If you cannot attend you are welcome to get literature to me and I will make sure it gets distributed for you.  You may not send a substitute to speak for you.

If you read this message please respond to me with any questions and let me know whether we can count on your being there.  I will contact candidates who do not respond early next week.

Our candidate forums are always well attended and our members vote, so this will be a good use of your time.

Thank you,

Sue Hovey
208-882-3380 home
208-301-2208 cell