[Vision2020] No Charges For Men Who Pointed Guns at One Another at Tattoo Parlor

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 14 15:57:24 PDT 2007

Seems to me, as in other states, if such as was presented was indeed the case, charges could be made for illegal use of a firearm, lack of proper documentation for carrying a firearm and/or possession of a firearm within city limits.

Given what this summer has seen in Moscow as far as firearms within city limits, you'd think SOMETHING would have happened - what if a child had accidentally been shot but the "actors" didn't mean any fear or intimidation or weren't in fear of the shooter(s)? Who's to say it wouldn't have gone that far?  The very fact that firearms were brandished goes to prove tempers were high and anything could have happened.

And was there anyone else in the building at the time?  Were they in fear or intimidated by what was happening?  If so, shouldn't that have been taken into consideration and charges at least considered?

Did the cops go into the building with their weapons drawn?  If so, why?  Weren't they afraid something was really wrong?  Doesn't THAT matter?  Heck, they lost one member of their team this year - this just proves anything could go very wrong very quickly.

Letting these guys go only goes to prove to someone "not quite as stable" that they can wave a weapon around and get away with it because they didn't mean any fear to be imposed by it.

Stupid!

J  :]