[Vision2020] Leadership

Bruce and Jean Livingston jeanlivingston at turbonet.com
Wed Oct 31 10:53:19 PDT 2007

Before you go asking others whether they agree with B.J.'s statement, why don't you first get clarification on what BJ meant by "the economic model that no longer works".   The quote you reference does not say what that economic model is.  How can anyone possibly agree or disagree with the statement, without first getting an understanding of what she meant by "economic model that no longer works"?

And then, once we know what that statement meant, why don't we go to all the candidates and find out if they agree with it?

And while we're at it, at that point of going back to the candidates to see if the agree with BJ that whatever economic model she is talking about has failed or not,  why don't we also ask them their response to what seem the more interesting questions to me, as posed by Steffen Werner:
  How much oversight should the community, represented by the city council, have over proposed business development?

  Should this be relatively unfettered with very lax oversight, or should it increase oversight if a development might have a large impact on the community?

Bruce