[Vision2020] Videos of candidates' statements available

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 31 08:49:31 PDT 2007

I just watched the videos about water conservation, and Walter Steed had
the answer I was looking for.  He wants to increase funding to determine
exactly how much of a problem we actually have.  Linda Pall also
mentioned funding a study for surface-water usage, which is also a good
thing.  A few candidates mentioned ways to conserve or reuse water,
notably Tom Lamar.

Conservation is a good thing, and people are free to take that as far as
they like personally.  I could care less about green lawns, really.  I
care more about water quality and whether or not we have a water
emergency.  I think assuming we don't have a problem is dangerous, and I
also think that overreacting when we don't know the exact nature of the
problem is a bad idea.  So let's find out what the state of our aquifer
is.  I know this gem of wisdom has occurred to people before - let's
support those efforts with an increase in funding.  Perhaps something
could be worked out where we cooperate with other users of our aquifer
in terms of funding.

Paul