[Vision2020] Leadership

Jeff Harkins jeffh at moscow.com
Wed Oct 31 01:11:21 PDT 2007

Thanks for the gentleman's response.  I
appreciate it and I will enjoy responding to you.

It is hard to read a person's intent - the words
must more or less speak for themselves.

Just note - she set up the straw man by her precedent in the opening sentence

"It seems that Jeff Harkins and the conservative
candidates continue to advocate an economic model that no longer works."

If you examine my numerous posts on the free
market system for the past several years, you
will find absolute consistency - I advocate
relatively unfettered markets.  She claims to be
intelligent and well read.  I have to assume she
knows my position - she has certainly heard it
from me face to face.  The forums and messages of
Wayne, Dan and Walter are in harmony regarding
the relatively unfettered free market
system.  Therefore, it seems evident to me that
she has taken the position that relatively
unfettered free markets don't work.

Then she shifts to a model that I would presume
she knows has flaws or at least knows that it
doesn't exist - the totally free market (a
perfect knowledge, perfect competition model) -
which neither the candidates nor I advocate.

" Please give an example of a totally "Free"
market that has survived over time and has not
fallen victim to collusion, corruption or theft."

But in the interest of respect for your argument
and to alleviate any concerns about "taking the
statement out of context", I will restate her quote to her absolute comment.

"It seems that Jeff Harkins and the conservative
candidates continue to advocate an economic model
that no longer works - B. J. Swanson - October 30, 2007)"

Now, I remain curious as to whether the four
candidates she is supporting agree with her?

  How about it Ms. Pall?
  What do you think Mr. Lamar?
  Where do you stand on the free enterprise system Mr Ament?
  What's your view Mr. Holmes?

  Again I appreciate your civil and thought
provoking response.  It's too bad all of the
dialogues here can't follow that model - but then
that would be like the perfect knowledge, perfect markets example  ;-))