[Vision2020] noise ordinance

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 28 14:31:22 PDT 2007

I think Ms. Kraut presents a false dilemma.

  "Either we can trust our officers to make a judgment call or we should just get rid of them. What cha' think?"

  I think the we can trust are officers while at the same time limiting their power and authority by giving them clear instructions on what those powers and authorities are.

  No disrespect to our fine men and women in uniform, but I am not going to relinquish all power and authority of my rights and others for the sake of expedience and convenience of a government authority.

  Let's give the police just enough authority to do their jobs safely and effectively, but no more.

  Best,

  Donovan

pkraut at moscow.com wrote:
  So are the cops going to ride around with a meter that measures the sound
level?? Or are you going to take their word for the noise or from the
neighbors? I think some of you are making this much harder than it needs
to be. Either we can trust our officers to make a judgement call or we
should just get rid of them. What cha' think?
> Tom,
>
> I don't disagree with what you have said about being a considerate
neighbor.
> But I do think there should be a specific sound limit, and one should
only
> be cited for exceeding that limit. It should not be up to the officer's
> discretion.
>
> Sunil
>

> >From: Tom Ivie
> >To: vision2020 at moscow.com
> >Subject: Re: [Vision2020] noise ordinance
> >Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 00:22:46 -0700 (PDT)
> >
> >I think a compromise can be made on the noise ordinance. How about
> >limiting it to noise after a certain time, say 10:00pm. I doubt that
> >someone who respects a neighborhood and being neighborly will blatantly
be
> >disrespectful to neighbors after that time. If they do, cite them.
Maybe
> >even go as far as involving alcohol, that tends to create more problems
at
> >times like beer cans/bottles in neighbors yards/broken in the street,
along
> >with the yelling/singing of "DAYO" at 11:30pm while the neighborhood
kids
> >are in bed trying to sleep (along with most of the parents). I
personally
> >have a problem with someone that leaves a half or even quarter empty
beer
> >can next to my curb for my 4 yr old to find by accident -not cool. I
don't
> >have a problem with someone honking their horn obnoxiously (well maybe
> >little -just being honest) in the daytime but at 11:30 at night because
> >they are too lazy to go to the door that is 30 ft away -I have a
problem
> >with that. Then after drinking
> > at the house/apt. the whole crew piles into cars to hit the bars and
> >hope and pray that is all they hit -All I can say is that I hope they
have
> >a designated driver. It is about being a responsible, considerate, and
> >respectful neighbor.
> >
> >Tom & Liz Ivie
> >http://mail.yahoo.com

> > List services made available by First Step Internet,