[Vision2020] noise ordinance

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 28 15:36:47 PDT 2007

Pat,

Let me refer you to Section 24-40 of the Lewiston City Code, which sets out
maximum permitted noise levels according to land use categories.  Their
ordinance makes it a violation to exceed the maximum permissible noise level
in the appropriate category, and yes, a decibel meter is used to measure
noise.

Here's the link should you wish to see how they've drafter their ordinance:

http://www.codepublishing.com/ID/lewiston.html

I think if LPD officers can use the meters, our officers can do so too.

What 'cha think now?

Sunil