[Vision2020] Friday Fireworks

B. J. Swanson bjswan at moscow.com
Thu Oct 18 11:56:46 PDT 2007

Bill,

$15,000 is an understatement. Multiplying that by 3 will get you closer.

The competition from Pullman and the realization that $30,000 to
$50,000 could be better spent on a tangible community improvement
instead of blowing it up probably killed the event.

However, perhaps a partnership with U-I for a better Homecoming
celebration is a possibility. The advantages:

-No competition from Pullman
-Always on a weekend
-It gets dark earlier
-Less chance of fires
-Fewer people out of town on summer vacation
-Share the cost
-Solicit donations from alumni
-Improve relations with the U-I, etc.

St. Maries has a great fireworks show on Labor Day weekend. They
switched from the 4th of July because of competition from Coeur
d'Alene. 70+ yachts cruise up the river for the show. We could have 70
+ alumni motorhome tailgaters in the Kibbee Dome parking lot.

GO VANDALS! KaBoooom!

B. J. Swanson