[Vision2020] Friday Fireworks

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 14 17:20:38 PDT 2007

"I could show you the increase in percentages of homeless, drug-addicted,
 mentally ill veterans that have been virtually swept under the rug during
the past six years, but I'll leave that to you fine people to discover for
yourselves."

  What bothers me when I visit the Idaho VA Hospital is the lack of funding for the facility, and its distance to many Idahoan veterans.

  I almost cried when I took a disabled vet from WWII to get new glasses that he needed to read. He served 4 years, eight months, and twelve days fighting for his country, according to his own recollection, and the government won't pay for a decent pair of glasses for him so he can read the newspaper, one of the few things he can still do on his own, because it has not been more than 4 years from his last pair. It pains me so to witness the disrespect our nation gives our vets. This is just one of many instances I see and experience this with our elderly and disabled citizens, including those wounded in the line of duty.

  There are also a large number of private businesses that will not accept Tri-Care. I think that private citizens should make a list of all the businesses that do not take TriCare and boycott them for not supporting our service members in their time of need. I also believe that any private business that does not take TriCare should be denied any tax deductions of government funded in any form.

  I also believe that citizens should complain to their representatives for not approving legislation to give the proper funding of medical care to veterans. Republicans denied in the past, but now it is the Democrats.

  Best,

  Donovan

Matt Decker <mattd2107 at hotmail.com> wrote:
      .hmmessage P  {  margin:0px;  padding:0px  }  body.hmmessage  {  FONT-SIZE: 10pt;  FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma  }    Tom,

This had nothing to do with how I feel about Bush or the war. It was about donations. Donations for the wounded troops vs. donations for the poor professors. All of which I believe you would be for.

As in regards to fireworks. Why in sams hell can't Moscow have a show on the forth, but we can have one for a homecoming game for one of the worst ranked teams in the nation? Priorities?

Matt

  Climb to the top of the charts!  Play Star Shuffle:  the word scramble challenge with star power. Play Now! =======================================================
List services made available by First Step Internet,
mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com