[Vision2020] A Caution

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Wed Oct 10 21:06:58 PDT 2007

"Tearing down another church" is a bad thing, quite unlike directly, forcefully, and honestly confronting error.  That wrong beliefs and practices hurt human beings makes opposing such error a terrifically Christian thing to do.  When Jesus referred to Pharisees as a "brood of vipers" and "whitewashed sepulchers," he wasn't doing it to be gratuitously mean and nasty -- look where it got him -- but to shine light on darkness.  It's one of the infinite things I worship about him; to the extent that Real Life is attempting to focus the light of the Gospel on Christ Church, they are following the character and the command of the Savior.

keely