[Vision2020] Seeking some definitions -- just what do you mean?

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 18 16:26:45 PST 2007

Ralph Nielsen wrote:
> And just what does Chris mean by "biblical morality"?
> Oh, I know, anything that Doug Wilson or any other "authority"
> decrees it to be. In fact, morality has nothing to do with religion
> at all.

While we're on this subject and since this list has a lot of
philosophers who read it, where does morality come from?  I have morals,
but they don't come from my religion.  In fact, some god telling me to
do something I know is wrong doesn't change anything, except that I now
have to choose whether to do it or face the consequences.  So where do
we derive our morals from?  Our family?  Our genes?  Society?

Paul