[Vision2020] Noise Ordinance Admin Meeting

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 14 19:27:57 PST 2007

Dan,

Before Halloween one of the kids across the alley from us came to our door to give us their number, and let us know they were having a party.  He asked me to call him if the noise was a problem, and he would turn down the music.

We never heard a thing, but I really appreciated the way he was willing to take steps to keep the party in hand.

Now let's say the new ordinance gets passed.  Even if the neighbors don't complain, are the police going to be able to hand out a citation?  And are they going to want to get in the house and start checking IDs?  When you give law enforcement 'tools,' they turn into pry bars used to get into homes.

Sunil