[Vision2020] Noise Ordinance Admin Meeting

Dan Carscallen areaman at moscow.com
Thu Nov 15 08:10:49 PST 2007

Sunil,

Good questions.

My understanding, listening to Weaver and Duke, is that the police don't
want to become the complaintants, and they don't want to drive around
looking for noise.  The main idea behind it, I believe, is to allow the
police to become the complaintant (signing the ticket) so someone who
wishes to remain anonymous can complain about the noise without fear of
retribution.  According to Liz Brandt, they don't need to set a decibel
level to remain legal.  I thought that might be a good idea, but that
level could change dependent on many factors.

You being a counsel for defense, I can see where you are coming from.  I
think the proper steps are being taken to make this ordinance work for
everyone.

DC