[Vision2020] Why I'm going to vote Yes on the Levy

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 11 16:34:55 PST 2007

No, I don't have any scheduled days off per say. But I can always request one if I really need one. Sometimes I only have to work three hours. Which is a relief.

  Best,

  Donovan

Janesta <janesta at gmail.com> wrote:
    THREE jobs?!?!? You must be working all the time! Do you ever get a day off? I did that for a year, and it is tough.

  Janesta

  On 11/11/07, Donovan Arnold <donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com> wrote:     Mr. Rigsby,

  I have three jobs. How many more do you think I should have before you think it is enough to not be called lazy by you?

  As to contributing to society, all three of my jobs involve taking care of the disabled and elderly. If that is not contributing to society, what job do you suggest I seek employ with to meet your definition a significant contribution to society?

  I work hard for what little money I make, Mr. Rigsby. And I expect every dollar I pay in taxes to be used as efficiently as possible to help as many people as possible because I see, daily, the conditions and lack of proper medical care people receive. So I only think it the responsible thing to do to ask where money is going and how it is to be used before I give it up.

  And on a personal note, you don't know my grandfather, so please don't speak about what he did or didn't do, as I will withhold from speaking about your family members. Your words are uncalled for and I ask politely that you please leave MY FAMILY out of your nasty talk. Thank you.

  Best,

  Donovan

TIM RIGSBY <tim.rigsby at hotmail.com> wrote:

    DJA writes:

"Isn't the point of high school and education in general to be able to survive and make a living in the real world? At least I thought that was the point. I think we need to give kids access to as many tools as possible, and let the kids choose the tools they like best to give them the best opportunity to be successful."

Did you go to high school and graduate?  Did you go to college and receive a Bachelors degree?  Haven't you started or even completed your masters?  Why are you always complaining about how expensive it is to shop at WinCo, how expensive rent is for your apartment, how expensive it is to drive all the way around the 3rd street bridge that does not exist, how expensive gas is, how expensive medical services are.  Everything with you is a complaint yet you claim that a person with an education should be able to survive and make a living in the real world.  Perhaps, you have not come close to experiencing the real world.  Perhaps you are still suckling off of the teats of society.  Perhaps you should get off your rear, like your grandfather Lee did (and it is Lee, not Gerard, ask him about the Lazy J), get a job, work hard, and quit complaining.  Use your education degree, contribute to society.  Quit complaining and move along.

TJR

" 'Politics is the art of controlling your environment.' That is one of the key things I learned in these years, and I learned it the hard way. Anybody who thinks that 'it doesn't matter who's President' has never been Drafted and sent off to fight and die in a vicious, stupid War on the other side of the World -- or been beaten and gassed by Police for trespassing on public property -- or been hounded by the IRS for purely political reasons -- or locked up in the Cook County Jail with a broken nose and no phone access and twelve perverts wanting to stomp your ass in the shower. That is when it matters who is President or Governor or Police Chief. That is when you will wish you had voted." - Hunter S. Thompson