[Vision2020] New NO info...

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 9 07:57:50 PST 2007

Ok and for those of us who live next to or within a very short distance - just over the suggested 100 feet - of college kids who REFUSE to acknowledge that there are families trying to put their little ones to bed at 8pm, and who's "neighbors" play their music/car stereos at a high volume (enough to shake windows and be heard very clearly in a home) - what do you suggest?  That we just bare with it until 10pm?  Measure and make sure they are within that distance before we call the cops?

I get that YOU don't have an issue with these punks but there are those of us who do and are tired of dealing with it.  Noise is noise.  Disturbing the Peace is still disturbing no matter the distance or what others like you (OBVIOUSLY not bothered by rap or a heavy bass being played at loud volume) seem to feel is acceptable.

The bit about waiting for a month is just ridiculous.  If this were some car being gunned or some other kind of loud, obnoxious noise being perpetrated upon neighbors, you don't seem to have a problem with that being told to stop.  But you give a punky teen some stereo equipment and suddenly things are ok.  Why is that?

And why is it ok with you to put people in harm's way by making them sign a citation against the offender?  If you see someone, obviously driving in an erratic manner and you report that, do you sign a citation against that driver?  No, you don't.  So why put a home owner in jeopardy with this NO?  Ask the lady on Taylor who's home smells like urine because of what she's been through with the college fools!  Or the people around Vandal....they had to put up with a YEAR of noise and mess because of the current NO which had no more teeth than the watered-down-from-that-one-version you are purposing.

If a cop is dispatched to a neighborhood where noise can clearly be heard any distance away from the residence from which it is coming, he/she should be able to make out a citation to the offender without involving the names and addresses of those who made the call reporting the noise.

Just don't see why you don't get that.

J  :]