[Vision2020] today's letters to the editor

Tom Ivie the_ivies3 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 6 14:59:34 PST 2007

     From today's letters to the editor...
Does this speak for Jim DeMeerleer only, or the GMA?

 I want to know before I vote today!!
  Show us now
 The Moscow School Board has the opportunity to show us taxpayers how they  plan to spend the additional $1.9 million to be voted on Nov. 13.
 How are our children going to benefit from the additional money?
 You may recall in May the school board said it needed $400,000 to balance the  budget when this levy was in question with a lawsuit. Our children and teachers  were shorted supplies (pencils paper) and unable to take graduation field trips  due to this possible $400,000 shortfall.
 Now it appears our school district will have $1.5 million to spend on our  children if this permanent levy passes Nov. 13.
 Just how do they plan to spend this additional $1.5 million?
 Vocational  education
 Dual enrollment at  the University of Idaho or Washington State University.
 Update  facilities
 Pay increases for  teachers
 Please show us your plans so we can support our schools and children with  good planning and management.
 Show us now.
 Remember, the school board's permanent levy is now $5.5 million and this $1.9  million permanent levy to be voted Nov. 13 will raise the total to $7.6 million.  By permanent it means forever and ever, so good management is most  important.
 We want to support schools.
 Show us now.
 Jim DeMeerleer, Moscow

Tom & Liz Ivie