[Vision2020] Prediction/pin drop

Tom Ivie the_ivies3 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 5 23:03:38 PST 2007

Hey hey hey, the pin drop comment wasn't meant to open a flood gate of hate.  Let's be civil.  I don't know about any flyer, and I can't say I have ever shopped at the co-op.  Isn't it possible though that the act was not sanctioned by the co-op?  perhaps a rogue employee? Just like I wouldn't paint the actions of Mr. Glasebrook as tied to any GMA candidate.  As someone who talked with Mr. Glasebrook, it was clear to me that his actions weren't linked to a candidate.  In the same way, I believe any flyer is not linked to any MCA candidate. Minds are made up. Let's move onto the next election.
  I believe that one of many things a quality education provides is tolerance.  It expands the want to learn more about other cultures, lifestyles, religions, races, and places.  That is why I will vote YES on Nov. 13th for the Moscow School Levy (I have a child in private school)

Jeff Harkins <jeffh at moscow.com> wrote:
  You have one heck of a lot of gall talking about negative rhetoric in
the campaign.

You should reread your posts this past month. Many of us see through
you and your mean and nasty nature. I am curious, did you know about
the infamous"boycott" flyer distributed via an employee at the Moscow
Food Coop? What do you think about that?

You are right on one account - the MCA should take a close look at
how they ran this campaign - supporters using such language as "child
hater" and in "league with the devil" against decent candidates.

At 07:38 PM 11/5/2007, you wrote:
>I agree with Bill about the predictions. It would be sad, though,
>given Linda's service to the community and I hope I'm wrong. It
>isn't a popularity contest and now more than ever we need
>experienced public servants to lead us.
>
>I'm appalled that one business owner would spread unsupported rumors
>about another local business. Just one more pathetic, last-ditch
>effort from a group that has run one of the worst political
>campaigns that I have ever seen. Let's hope that the Moscow people
>can see through the negative rhetoric and vote for experience and vision!
>
>--
>Joe Campbell

> List services made available by First Step Internet,
> http://www.fsr.net