[Vision2020] The BLog and More Political Contributions

Saundra Lund sslund at roadrunner.com
Thu Nov 1 20:02:50 PDT 2007

In defense of Christ Church member Dave Glasebrook's bigoted behavior,
apologist Gary Crabtree writes:

Whether you agree or not there is no question but what Mr. Glasebrook truly
believes that the candidates in question are bigoted toward his church.

However, that's not what intolerant Glasebrook himself said:

"My big problem is that here in Moscow there's been 20 years' worth of
strife with Doug Wilson and Christ Church."

Twenty years?!?!  That's right, folks, Christ Church has been persecuted for
twenty years right here in Moscow!  I'll bet y'all were just as surprised to
read his allegation as I was.  Of course,  it's kind of difficult to imagine
that kind of persecution has been present for 20 years since most folks
weren't even aware of Doug Wilson and Christ Church 20 years ago.  But,
because Glasebrook says it, it must be true, right?  BTW, can anyone remind
us of exactly has served on the City Council in the last 20 years?  They
might want to know they were part of some grand conspiracy against Doug
Wilson and Christ Church before Christ Church even existed.

IOW, just because Glasebrook and his birds of a feather are paranoid doesn't
mean anyone or any group is out to get them.  Rather, they are in a tizzy
because community members and non-Kirk businesses are now - finally -
starting to demand that the Kirk and their "businesses" follow the same
rules and laws the rest of us follow.

I'm sure it sucks for them to lose their special status . . . welcome to the
real world.

As for the candidates, I strongly urge folks to carefully and critically
evaluate their comments in response to Dale Courtney's "Issues & Answers for
People of Faith."  There were some real eye-openers and further
disappointments for me.  I was shocked by the ignorance of the issues some
candidates showed, and I was dismayed that some of them think further
erosion of our Central Business District would be a good thing, which is
indicated by their comments  L

Cheers,

Saundra Lund

Moscow, ID

nothing.

~ Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2007 through life plus
70 years, Saundra Lund.  Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside
author.*****