[Vision2020] Moscow Election 2007 Website Update

cynthia nichols cynthiann0 at mac.com
Thu Nov 1 09:23:54 PDT 2007

Very interesting sources of money.

Some comments:

One of the reasons there is no so-called affordable housing in Moscow
is that people in the rental business gobble up inexpensive houses
sometimes even before they have a for sale sign in front of them--
certainly before anyone who may need such affordable housing can
make an offer! Interesting that the very people who are complaining
about "no affordable housing" are often the people who create the
problem. Another Hoffman development, Windfall, was supposed to be
low-cost housing. We'll see. Mark my words, the developers will be
looking for Government money to build that "affordable housing".

I heard an ad for Walter Steed on AM 1400. If you really want kids
and grandkids to stay in Moscow, have them go into housing
construction, (housing construction and real estate are really the
ONLY industry Moscow has attracted in 5 years), or dump truck
driving, or real estate.

I also love it when the very people who "LOVE free enterprise" and
hate "government interference and regulation" don't seem to mind
government subsidy. Isn't that what an Urban Development District
is?  Get government money  (our tax money) up front for a project,
but then complain when the people try to have input (they call it
anti-business). Gotta love the irony. I'm tired of people using tax
money to take the risk out of their risky investments.

Anyone who says Moscow is anti-growth hasn't looked north south or east.

cynthia nichols