[Vision2020] Tragedy Highlights Reasons for Concern about Sitler

Glenn Schwaller vpschwaller at gmail.com
Tue May 22 10:05:03 PDT 2007

Visionaries,

Judging by the number of off-list emails I have received, most people
are grateful for the information I have provided regarding Mr Sitler
and his probationary status.  I have not gone through my posts line by
line but I shall, and attempt to identify what I have written that
leads you to think I am "trying to convince (you that you) really have
nothing to worry about with respect to . .  .Steven Sitler."

My first post addressed a "general" question by Mr Hansen on sex
offender registration.  I assumed he was referring to Mr Sitler's
pending release, but he did not mention any names.

Subsequent posts were designed to answer questions on what I
understand to be the specifics of Mr Sitler's probation, and how
things would be monitored.  If the tenor of those posts made it sound
as if you have nothing to worry about, that was most certainly NOT my
intention.  At the risk of sounding repetitive, "Here are the
guidelines P & P will most likely follow."  How well those guidelines
will be followed, how effectively Mr Sitler will be monitored, how
morally or ethically correct those guidelines are, I cannot say.  All
I can do is try to give information.

As I stated in one post "I suppose one could always call P & P and
voice one's concerns to the resident corrections people in Moscow.  I
suspect they like to keep on top of what the locals think and would
like to know."  The last time I checked there was one (1) inquiry.
 "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people
to do nothing."  Well I guess one is better than none.

"whose real name most of us have figured out"

At the risk of sound "apologetic" once again, I'm sorry but Glenn
Schwaller lives, breathes,and exists.  No, I am NOT who you think I am
"hid(ing) behind a pseudonym for the umpteenth time . . ."

"Schwaller" holds out to us as empty reassurance that our children are safe."

I have done no such thing.  Are the two P & P officers in Latah county
overworked? I think that goes without saying.  Is that a good thing?
Of course not.  Do I think things could and should be better? Of
course.  Would I trust Mr Sitler with my kids?  With any kids?  Of
course not.  Would I trust him under the direct supervision of an
approved chaperone?  Only if I had to, but I would do whatever is
necessary to keep my kids as far away from Mr Sitler as possible -
chaperoned or not.  Would I point out to my kids who Mr Sitler is and
why they need to avoid him?  Of course.

I would hope that Mr Sitler's situation, and the recent tragedy
inflicted by Mr Hamilton would serve as a wake-up all for all to
rethink and re-evaluate how our justice and corrections system is
funded and functions.

I'm sorry you think I am playing games with you and your children and
their safety.  I assure you I do no such thing.

Schwaller