[Vision2020] All These People

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon May 14 20:52:58 PDT 2007

"All These People"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyrJM4uoyaI

>From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_These_People

-----------

"All These People" is the first single from Harry Connick, Jr.'s upcoming
album Oh my NOLA, and the single was released on itunes on August 29, 2006.
Music and lyrics by Harry Connick, Jr.

The lyrics were inspired by the suffering Connick witnessed when he visited
New Orleans in the days immediately following Hurricane Katrina. The song is
all about the people who were left stranded at the Ernest N. Morial
Convention Center. Each verse of the song is describing what he saw as he
was lead by a man he had met on the street earlier that day, named Darryl.

There were two dead bodies Connick saw when he first arrived at the
convention center. Featured singer Kim Burrell asked that her voice
specifically represent them. Burrell also asked that a final verse be added
for her to sing, which Connick wrote in the studio.

Harry Connick, Jr.'s favorite part of the performance is when Kim Burrell
improvises the line 'come see about me,' which, he says "was all those folks
wanted that day, someone to come and see about them."

All proceeds from sale of the song, will benefit New Orleans Habitat
Musicians' Village.

Seeya round town, Moscow.